Motorola doesn't provide any way to install new root certificates for Java (despite there being an interface to install them for SSL) and the only root certificates installed other than their own is the lucrative "Java Verified" monopoly certificate.
- Add the certificate to /ezxlocal/download/appwritecmsec/.policy/._policy.txt:
CA Cert Signing Authority (anything) 2 1 MIIHPTCCBS... (root certificate) 0 0 0 0This will make it appear in the list of Java Root Certificates under Security Settings. That's all it does. The following two files are actually used by the JVM.
- Add the certificate to /ezxlocal/download/java/.policy/._policy.txt:
domain: C=;L=;O=Root CA;OU=http://www.cacert.org;CN=CA Cert Signing Authority 2 1 AAAcHBwcHB... (copy this from the UTI certificate) MIIHPTCCBS... (root certificate) FrUyG9TH8+DmjvO90rA67rI5GNE= (unknown) 1049027389 (start date) 1995712189 (end date)
- Add the certificate to /usr/securesetup/.policy/_devdomain.txt:
domain: CA Cert root certificate (anything) type: 2 rootcert: MIIHPTCCBS... (root certificate) allowchangestatus: 0
- Where the root certificate is specified, it's in DER format and Base64 encoded all on one line.
- I copied the unknown part in the second policy file from the UTI certificate and it was automatically updated for me (including the domain DN).
- Somehow /ezxlocal/download/java/.policy/._hmac.txt was not world readable, which is required to run the MIDlet from the menu.
I had an unused Mini-ITX computer which I can make silent (by removing the fan) as long as it isn't doing anything too intensive, and some spare speakers from a broken CD player... so I put together some remote speakers to play music on.
First Bernard Matthews increased their prices 50% by including only 4 turkey escalopes in each pack instead of 6. Now they've made their packaging more wasteful by changing from a cardboard label to a plastic one:
ASDA managed to cut down on packaging last year by printing the label onto the plastic itself and getting rid of the cardboard part altogether.
I'm now using Movable Type for this blog. It's much faster as static content than being regenerated every time like WordPress does.
Note: Google Reader users (all 3 of you) should change the feed URL. Google
helpfully ignores permanent redirects and I've changed it.
I had a long wait before my flight to Edinburgh so I changed my remaining USD back into GBP and read my book for a few hours. The flight was then delayed another 45 minutes while they removed the luggage of someone who had failed to show up for their connecting flight. By this time it really felt like 4am and I was struggling to stay awake.